Find florists associations, professional trade groups, design institutes, and other floral industry resources here, all offering an extensive range of services and support for florists, designers, shop owners, and flower lovers.
From state and local florists associations to international floral design societies, there's a wealth of information available on line for flower shop owners and industry professionals. Just browse some of the many fine organizations below.
Connecticut Florists Association
* Represents independent florist shops, wholesalers and growers of flowers and plants. Details annual conference, design school, and includes searchable ...
International Floral Distributors (IFD)
* Member-owned marketing group comprised of wholesalers and distributors to create cooperative buying opportunities. Features activities, member list, and password-required message board.
Master Florists Association
* Northern California group comprised of retailers, wholesalers, growers and educators. Includes membership application, roster, news and events.
California State Floral Association
* Non-profit trade organization. Board of directors, news, PAC details, membership information, and related links.
American Flower Industry Association
* Represents all segments of the permanent botanical, holiday and decorative accessories industry. Lists members, includes image gallery and details trade shows.
Illinois State Florists Association
* Find information on programs and services, floriculture and ornamental horticulture promotion, and the Illinois Certified Professional Florist Program.
* National floriculture organization for growers, distributors and retailers. Includes consumer information, retail florist directory, membership details, educational events calendar and discussion board.
Los Angeles Flower District
* Connects growers, wholesalers, shippers, and retailers with flower markets throughout the world. Includes history, photo tour, membership information, business hours and consumer tips.
WFFSA - Wholesale Florist & Florist Supplier Association
* Trade association of wholesaler-distributors of both fresh cut products and floral supplies. Includes events, member listings, and membership information.
Floral Design Schools
Texas State Florists Association
* A trade group for all branches of the floral industry, including retailers, wholesalers, growers, and suppliers, offering seminars, certification, and listings.
Association of Specialty Cut Flower Grouwers
* Connecting and educating flower growers in sustainable production, marketing, and research.
Florists' Review Magazine®
* A monthly magazine for retail florists with a bookstore, subscription, advertising, and wholesale purchasing information.
British Florist Association
* National non-profit association offering training, ongoing seminars and certification for novice and professional florists in the United Kingdom. Features calendar of events, public exhibit image gallery, and book store.
Creative Floral Arrangers of the Americas
* Non-profit group which promotes floral design as an art form. Includes details of events and workshops, membership application and image galleries of previous classes and exhibits.
National Association of Flower Arranging Societies
* United Kingdom clubs offering education and events to promote the art and personal enjoyment of flower arranging. Lists demonstration schedules, speakers, clubs by their specialty area, competitions and publications.
American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD)
* A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the art of floral design as a professional career. Details membership information, educational events and symposia schedules, and includes design tips.
Chain of Life Network
* Comprehensive information developed by Dr. George Staby for growers, wholesalers, retailers and others to improve the performance of cut flowers and greens, cuttings, foliage, and plants.
International Cut Flower Growers Association
* A nonprofit trade association of commercial cut flower growers and allied trades from around the world.
Society of American Florists (SAF)
* National trade group for florists, wholesalers, growers, importers and shippers offering networking, marketing, public relations, education and more.
Rio Roses from Equiflor
* Equiflor is totally dedicated to increasing U.S. floral consumption by providing a longer-lasting, better value through Rio Roses®, the first nationally recognized brand of fresh cut flowers.
CCFC - California Cut Flower Commission
* Non-profit grower group formed to promote California-grown cut flowers and foliages. Includes news, events, searchable database of flowers.
More Florist Groups and Floral Industry Associations
There are hundreds of wholesale and retail florist groups and related floral industry associations throughout North America and worldwide.
Thanks to their unwavering dedication to education, research, training, and innovation, the horticulture and floriculture industries continue to thrive and prosper.
And, why wouldn't they? After all, everybody loves flowers, plants, gardens, and trees. So, no matter what your area of interest, whether learning about a favorite flower, catching up on the latest design trends, or launching your own florist business, there
is a wealth of information and support available. Here are just some of the other leading florist associations, flower societies, and floral trade groups.
American Floral Endowment
The American Floral Endowment is the leading not-for-profit, non-governmental source for floricultural/environmental horticulture research and development funding in the United States.
www.endowment.org, Phone (618) 692-0045
American Floral Industry Association
Fonded in 1994, the American Floral Industry Association (AFIA) is the nation's only organization representing all segments of the permanent botanical, holiday and decorative accessories industry.
www.afia.net, Phone (214) 742-2747
Asociación Colombiana de Exportadores de Flores
Association of Floral Importers of Florida
AFIF has been representing South Florida fresh-cut flower importers since 1982, and AFIF members account for roughly 80 percent of the cut flower sales volume of Miami importers.
www.afifnet.org, Phone (305) 593-2383
Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers
Formed in 1988 to unite and inform growers in the production and marketing of field and greenhouse cut flowers, ASCFG provides information on growing techniques, marketing strategies, and new developments in the industry that you won’t find anywhere else.
www.ascfg.org, Phone (440) 774-2887
California Association of Flower Growers and Shippers
The California Association of Flower Growers and Shippers is dedicated to serving the California floral industry. Its mission is to get more flowers from California to their destination fresher and faster.
www.norcalflowers.org, Phone (831) 479-4912
California Protea Association
An association for growers of exotic protea flowers, with information on protea availability, flower arrangements, new hybirds, wholesalers, and care and planting.of this unusual, long-lasting specialty flower.
Crafts & Hobby Association
The Craft & Hobby Association (CHA)
In early 2004, the two most successful organizations serving the craft and hobby industry, the Hobby Industry Association (HIA) and the Association of Crafts & Creative Industries (ACCI), joined together to form the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA), dedicated to supporting the craft industry into the future.
www.hobby.org, Phone (201) 835-1200
Florida Nurserymen & Growers Association
The mission of the Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Association is to enhance its members’ business success through political leadership, education, marketing, research, certification and services.
www.fngla.com, Phone (407) 295-7994
The Flower Council of Holland
The Flower Coucil of Holland offers step-by-step information on bouquets, specialties and flower novelties from Holland, along with design ideas and market information.
www.flowercouncil.org/us, Phone 31 71 5659565
Fresh Product & Floral Council
The FPFC promotes the sale of fresh fruit, vegetables and floral products, while improving communications between all segments of the fresh produce and floral industries, and exchanging ideas on better care and handling.
www.fpfc.org, Phone (714) 739-0177
Golden State Bulb Growers
As the world market leader in colored calla breeding and production, Golden State Bulb Growers supplies calla lily bulbs to wholesale markets around the world, producing tens of millions of flower bulbs and cut flowers on over 1,000 acres in California's central coast.
www.goldenstatebulb.com, Phone (831) 728-0500
Hawaii Export Nursery Association
HENA is a non-profit organization of Hawaii nurserymen and women professionally engaged in the export of Potted tropical ornamental plants and flowers, dedicated to marketing, research, transportation, and education.
www.hena.org, Phone (808) 969-2088
Hawaii Tropical Flower Council
The HTFC is your source for information on the marketing, design, availability, handling, and storage of Hawaii's incomparable tropical flowers. It also sponsors research in crop development and shipping methods to help Hawaii maintain it's status as the foremost supplier of exceptional tropical floral products.
www.htfc.com, Phone (808) 966-7427
Independent Florists Association
IFA is a florist-owned association dedicated to improving the profitability of retail florists.
www.myifa.org, Phone 1-800-303-4435
Michigan Floral Association
Founded in 1920, MFA is a full-service trade association representing florists, growers, suppliers, wholesalers, educators and students in order to help position its members at the forefront of the floral industry.
www.michiganfloral.org, Phone (517) 5755-0110
National Greenhouse Manufacturers Association
The National Greenhouse Manufacturers Association (NGMA) brings together some of the most experienced and knowledgeable greenhouse manufacturers in the industry.
www.ngma.com, Phone 1-800-792-NGMA
Pacific Northwest Christmas Tree Association
The Pacific Northewest Christmas Tree Association is playing a leading role in providing guidance to Christmas tree growers in the Northwest with education, public relations, research, and environmental stewardship programs.
www.nwtrees.com, Phone (503) 364-2942
Pennsylvania Floral Industry Association
The Pennsylvania Floral Industry Association (PFIA) offers information, training and education for the floral industry and florists in Pennsylvania.
www.pafloral.org, Phone 1-800-234-3779
Plantscape Industry Alliance
Bringing nature indoors through living plants, the PIA mission is to enhance the professionalism of interior plantscapers and industry affiliates through quality programs, educational materials, and interior lanscape networking.
www.cipaweb.org, Phone (707) 462-2276
San Diego County Flower & Plant Association
The San Diego County Flower and Plant Association is a trade organization comprised of over 200 commercial flower and potted plant growers in San Diego County. Since 1947, the association has worked to promote and inform its members, as well as to provide representation for the common good of the floriculture industry.
www.flowerandplant.org, Phone (760) 431-2572
Southern Nursery Association
SNA is a non-profit, professional trade group providing services to wholesale growers, brokers, retailers, landscape contractors, landscape architects, grounds maintenance contractors, interiorscapers and allied suppliers.
www.sna.org, Phone (770) 953-3311
Virginia Nursery & Landscape Association
The Virginia state trade association for garden centers, nursery growers, landscape designers, installation and maintenance contractors, greenhouses and horticultural suppliers.
www.vnla.org, Phone 1-800-476-0055
Floral Professionals: We're happy to consider adding more relevant, high-quality web sites to this or other pages we manage. To
suggest a site for consideration, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Your Name,
a Proposed Listing Title (40 chrs. max.) and an Appropriate Description (125 chrs. max.). Thanks for your input.